What Are the Benefits of Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
Some benefits of exercise are
For many graduates, the program has been able to help:
- Improved sense of well-being
- Increased endurance
- Decreased depression
- Decreased shortness of breath (or at least desensitizing to the feeling of SOB)
- More independence
- Decreased anxiety
- Improved immune system
Who Should Attend Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
- Control and alleviate symptoms
- Increase exercise tolerance
- Decrease anxiety and depression commonly associated with pulmonary disease
- Learn more about their disease
- Feel better about themselves
The program is designed for patients with pulmonary diseases, such as emphysema, asthma, and chronic bronchitis, C.O.P.D. ...
Patients admitted to the Pulmonary Rehabilitation program will generally demonstrate:
- Whose shortness of breath compromises their lifestyle
- Who want to learn more about their disease
- Who want to learn ways to improve their breathing
- Who want to increase their exercise endurance
- Medical stability
- Dyspnea due to Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
- Functional limitation from Chronic Lung Disease
- Interest and motivation toward Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- No other interfering or unstable medical conditions
Through breathing retraining, regular exercise, proper nutrition, and respiratory treatments you can dramatically improve your breathing ability.